Building on the Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) foundation, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007) is an enterprise-class collaboration platform.
- Provide a single website for employees and teams to coordinate schedules, organize documents, and participate in on-line discussions
- Easily manage documents and ensure document integrity with granular "check in / check out" security
- Help employees stay on track with a variety of communication features that let users know when actions are required or important changes are made to existing information or documentation, including announcements, alerts, surveys, and discussion boards
- Provide creative forums for brainstorming ideas, building knowledge bases, or simply gathering information in an easy-to-edit format with new templates for implementing blogs and wikis. Wiki and blog sites can be quickly edited by team members - no special technical knowledge required.
- Stay productive while mobile with support for offline synchronization via Outlook 2007. Users can use to manage document libraries, lists, calendars, contacts, tasks, and discussion boards even when offline, and to synchronize changes when reconnected to the Internet.
|Storage & Data Transfer|
|MOSS 2007 Features|
|Document Level Security|
|Issue / Task Tracking|
|Microsoft Office Integration|
|SharePoint Mobile Access|
|Offline Data Support (via Outlook 2007)|
|Nightly Data Backup|
|Data Migration Services||Available||Available||Available|